Nutrition & Physical Activity
The eating and physical activity habits you develop during your college years can contribute to health conditions later in life, but more importantly, those habits play a role in your ability to cope with today's stress. For example, you may experience an inability to concentrate because of skipping breakfast, or you may have weight gain from stress eating. Physical activity plays an equally important role in maintaining a healthy weight and relieving stress. Wellness Education Services is a resource to help you:
Learn skills to make balanced food choices
Stay active in multiple ways, not just by "going to the gym"
UB Nutrition Programs & Resources
- Snacking Tuesdays: enjoy free, nutritious snacks from Wellness Education Services.
- Farmers Market: enjoy the convenience of shopping on campus for local produce.
- Cultural Cooking Series (Life & Learning Workshops): experience new flavors and make new friends during monthly student-led cooking workshops. Register through Life & Learning Workshops.
- Nutrition & Environment Class: experiential class offered every semester about the connection between food and climate change.
- Nutrition Consultation: questions or concerns about eating, or do you want to eat better? You can meet with UB's registered dietitian for assistance.
- Eating Disorders Team: provides help for students who are struggling with an eating disorder, weight issues, and body image concerns. The team consists of medical providers, counselors, and a registered dietician. The team offers coordinated outpatient treatment and assists students in accessing community resources for inpatient and intensive, long-term outpatient treatment. More information...
- Workshops (by request): Nutrition Jeopardy, Smart Snacking Kit. Request Form
- Wellness Suite: books, videos, magazines and other nutrition resources. Call us or stop in for more information.
- Dining Hall Eating Tips
- Fast Food, Restaurants and Eating Out
- Healthy Eating on Campus
- Mindful Eating Video
- Tips for Saving Money
- Top Ten Tips for Tasty and Healthy Meals
- Weight Management
- Cooking 101 - meal planning, healthy recipes, etc.
- Food Safety & Food Storage Tips (see consumer advice)
- Sports Nutrition
- Nutrition Tools:
- Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements:
- Women's Nutrition:
- Men's Nutrition:
Physical Activity Programs & Resources
- Wellness Education offers programs on a variety of activities. Check out "Wellness & Recreation" in Life & Learning Workshops
- Universal Yoga
- Staying Active at UB