Stress management is an essential aspect of campus wellness for students of all genders, sexual orientations, cultural backgrounds, nationalities and abilities. Wellness Education Services can provide students with the information, skills, services and on-going support they need to be able to successfully manage their stress levels and optimize their overall college experience. Our goal is to improve the ability of college students to manage stress and utilize campus resources in support of their efforts.
Wellness Education Services is dedicated to:
- Preventing stress related illness
- Maintaining awareness of evidence based stress reducing strategies
- Promoting healthy alternatives to alcohol and drug use for stress reduction
- Reaching students from diverse student populations with stress management services
A welcoming and relaxing space for all students:
- Enjoy soothing music, heated, vibrating massage pads on lounge chairs, and free hot herbal tea.
- Browse through our magazine and brochure collection for health and wellness information from a variety of sources.
- Keep up-to-date with ongoing Wellness activities.
- Each week we have a licensed massage therapist offering free chair massages.
- Borrow our relaxation and education materials for free, with your UB ID Card.
Student Self-Care Manual
Self-care is important for everyone and especially important for students, who listed stress as the #1 factor impacting their academic performance (UB-NCHA survey, 2013). Stress can seem unmanageable, and sometimes in the throes of the semester we choose coping strategies that actually make our condition worse. This manual provides self-assessments, worksheets and simple strategies to help you make small changes that add up when it comes to your overall wellness. A hard copy of this manual can also be borrowed from our Resource Library.
- Student Self-Care Manual: PDF: Color (5.7MB) | BW (2.8MB), Word (8.9MB)
- Student Self-Care Planning Worksheet: PDF (85KB) | Word (64KB)
For information on stress management visit Counseling Services. They provide free individual counseling, group therapy, couples counseling and crisis intervention to all registered UB students, including graduate and professional students.